Got error -1 when dumping table?

Logaul

Does anybody know how to fix this error?

There wasn't any problems with it before, at all, and then one day I woke up to an error saying MySQL crashed and needed to close or something. Happened again and again. Decided to look at when it was happening, and it was whenever my automatic backup ran, so I tried running it manually and here's the result

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator>C:\MySQL\bin\mysqldump.exe --skip-opt -B

--compact --skip-comments -t -q -n --add-locks --flush-logs --lock-all-tables -

e -l --skip-add-drop-table -u root -pPASSWORD database>C:\\backup.sql

mysqldump: Error 1030: Got error -1 from storage engine when dumping table `logs` a

t row: 2071976

If I drop that table the problem goes away. It's just a normal archive table, used for storing access logs. Why has it suddenly started throwing errors when I try to back it up? Any help would be greatly appreciated

Also I'd like to mention again, this has been working fine for over a year. It's only started erroring up recently.

Oh and there are no results on Google for "Got error -1 from storage engine when dumping table" so I'm guessing this is the first time this error has occurred? Or was that just the wrong way to search?

It says "corrupt".

I can't REPAIR TABLE it or anything though. It either crashes the table, or returns error "Unknown - internal error 144 during operation" and doesn't do anything. If it crashes the table I have to shut down the whole server and repair it with myisamchk.exe, which uncrashes the table (but check table still says it's corrupted, and I still have problems backing it up).

Any ideas?

It says "corrupt".

I can't REPAIR TABLE it or anything though. It either crashes the table, or returns error "Unknown - internal error 144 during operation" and doesn't do anything. If it crashes the table I have to shut down the whole server and repair it with myisamchk.exe, which uncrashes the table (but check table still says it's corrupted, and I still have problems backing it up).

Any ideas?

REPAIR comes in all different flavours... which one are you running?

Do you have a recent backup/

"repair table database.table" crashes it

Trying to back it up sometimes crashes it

"myisamchk.exe -A -o -p /MySQL/data/database/table.MYI" while mysql is turned fixes it from being crashed

Since I can't reliably use the mysql functions for backing it up, I'm making my backups by manually copy/pasting the data folder for now. If that works, then yes. I can make another one right this second if you want. Then what?

Actually nevermind f*** it I give up. I can't figure this out on my own and none of you want me to help me so... 2 years of records gone.

Guess it's time to give postgreSQL a try... hopefully it will be more reliable.

Listen buddy, watch the language... I told you before, you have to figure out why your table is corrupt.  It's that simple -- and if you can't REPAIR it (and there are 5 version of REPAIR), you can have to restore it from backup.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.