My Money Website Review

hasek522

Hey im a new PHP programmer and am making a little website just to practice with PHP basics and some sql stuff.  The site is called MyMoney and is just a basic site for keeping track of your finances.  The site isn't completely finished yet but I would be very grateful for some feedback.  You can check it out at http://jasonhedrick.net/mymoney/index.php.  Thanks

It's good. Design is nice and clean... I'd think up a few more ideas though, like being able to setup direct debits and other bills, perhaps add interest rates and that? You could maybe try something with email alerts too? As its only a practise site I wouldnt go to town but will teach you a thing or two trying something like that... personally i'd need to have a think about how I'd go about doing it so, would be good experience!

Adam

I didn't register, but I did traverse the site a bit. I love the layout, so if you made it yourself, great job. It lacks content and some interactive features immediately. The first tip I have for you is that if you're ON the section, the respective nav button should be highlighted.

Nice job.

Looks pretty good. I didn't sign up at all. One thing I might recommend if you're new to PHP (in reality I am too so its kind of odd to say that :P) is to replace your mailto: with a form of some time. Mailto's are generally more susceptible to spam and not everyone will have their mail setup in a client (or maybe I'm the only one that prefers their mail in the cloud haha). You can use a captcha to filter spam with the form. All-in-all it'll be a good learning experience. Not a necessity though, just a suggestion.

Great start :)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.