Not getting correct file size

techcone

Hello developers. Here is quick review on my problem.

My users download files from rapidshare using my acc.

Means rs->myserver->user

Now while file is still being downloaded, i gave them the dl link so they don't have to wait. Using the dl link, when they start downloading , the file size is reported incorrect bcoz it is still in being state of downloading. Any possible remedy of tht ??

you need to set the headers before you get them if it is being treated as a stream

Huh? I'm not sure you know what he's trying to accomplish

Means first I should get the file size from array of getheaders, create a stream of same filesize and give to user correct ?

Should work fine. Personally, I'd grab them when I open the initial stream from RapidShare, then store somewhere ( database perhaps ) for easy, reliable access when you stream the file to the user.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.