Technique for more mysql queries ?

Rommeo

hi

As i m a newbie, i m wondering the technique for the pages that makes more than one mysql query. I think it  slows down the server when there are many people are entering the web site. So what's the technique for to do this ?

Let me explain clearly ;

i have an index page.

my index page should be like this

news ( query from news table )(last 10 news)
events ( query from events table ) ( last 5 chosen events )
attraction ( query from attraction table ) ( last 5 chosen events )
latest posts ( query from posts table )( last 10 posts )

This is the only index page's main section. There are also "latest comments" & " new users" queries etc. So should i make more than 4 queries for to do this ? Or is there any other way for to solve this problem ( or for to load the page faster lets say )

Thanks in Advance.

it wont take to load much time unless you use simple scripting and if your server can handle that traffic, take for example this forum, everytime you go into a category it must retrieve all that data and display it to us all...it doesn't take that much to load, same must happen with your website  ;)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.