Protecting My Scripts

Demonic

By only giving it to people you truly trust? Nothing you can do really. Large companies such as Microsoft and Adobe cannot protect themselves from piracy and the entire movie and music industry can't either, so how do you hope as a single person to do that?

You realize the DP is like the ghetto of the internet right?

Here's the thing - there are two kind's of people, the kind that buy scripts and the kind that steal them. Even if you can 100% protect your script, no one from the second group is going convert to the first. My advice is to basically ignore it - I'll pay to use scripts, especially if my boss is the one dropping the cash, but I won't buy anything that is encoded or compressed.

And CV is right, web services are the way to go if you 100% don't want something stolen. Tie it to your server and hide the useful parts (think google maps)

You realize the DP is like the ghetto of the internet right?

Here's the thing - there are two kind's of people, the kind that buy scripts and the kind that steal them. Even if you can 100% protect your script, no one from the second group is going convert to the first. My advice is to basically ignore it - I'll pay to use scripts, especially if my boss is the one dropping the cash, but I won't buy anything that is encoded or compressed.

And CV is right, web services are the way to go if you 100% don't want something stolen. Tie it to your server and hide the useful parts (think google maps)

You right to some extent. but there are also a third kind who use others scripts and acknowledge. Think of most opensource frameworks. Don't we use them? WE DO! And the difference is that we acknowledge.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.