Page load as php parses it? Apache setting or PHP?

dagnasty

If I have a script that takes about 10 seconds to complete parsing to the page, what setting do I change so that the page loads as php parses it?

I've looked and searched. I know it exists, but it's slipped my mind as to where it is and what it's called.

PHP can buffer and compress/zip output, web servers can buffer (some won't send any or the last block of output until a script ends) and compress/zip output (compression done by php or the web server requires the last of the output to have been produced so that the compression can be completed), and browsers buffer (require minimum length content before displaying it) and won't render some output until ending tags are received. Each of these things can either prevent output from being sent to the browser or prevent it from being displayed until the output has been completely produced.

Is this long loading time something that you can expect to always exist or is it due to non-optimum code that should be fixed?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.