Strange Problem !!

abdfahim

I have a mysql table with large no of records. There is a DATETIME field in the table. Now, the problem is, when I browse the table with phpmyadmin, the top two records show garbage datetime like '2008-10-15 58:95:78' etc. If I delete the top two rows, then the next two becomes these garbage format. More surprisingly, when I run query searching for that exact value, it shows ZERO which means there is no record actually!!! Anyone has any idea??

For the convenience you guys, I put the result here.

The browser window shows

Name                daytime

BSE01        2008-24-61 48:36:48

BSE13        2008-24-67 48:36:48

But when I run the query

SELECT * FROM `rel_main` WHERE `daytime`='2008-24-61 48:36:48'

It says

MySQL returned an empty result set (i.e. zero rows).

I just copy and paste the daytime value from the browser window to the query so that i dont miss any space or something. But, still it shows zero result.

I wish to post a grabbed picture of the whole scenario here but I guess this is not possible in this forum !!

• 2 weeks later...

ok .. the table has abt 30 fields .. o them 4 is VARCHAR, 1 is DAYTIME and the rests are FLOAT type. DAYTIME type field 's name is daytime, with settings NOT NULL and default 0000-00-00 00:00:00. The table has has 5 indexes -with first 4 field has nor mal indexing (no primary, no unique) each, and another index consist those 4 fields together to declare them UNIQUE. The table was INNODB, but later I changed it to MYISAM, Collation latin1_swedish_ci, pack_keys DEFAULT, no checksum, no delay_key_write. Format DYNAMIC, rows 5,626,749, Row Length 83, Row Size 138 B, Data Size 459,346 KiB, Index Size 297,929 KiB, Total Size 756,929 KiB.

Huh .. I thing that's all !! :)

CREATE TABLE `cellrel_main` (\n  `BSC` varchar(15) NOT NULL default '',\n  `daytime` datetime NOT NULL default '0000-00-00 00:00:00',\n  `Res` float default NULL,\n  `CELL` varchar(15) NOT NULL default '',\n  `Mo2` varchar(15) NOT NULL default '',\n  `Rel` varchar(5) default NULL,\n  `Id` float default NULL,\n  `Cfail` float default NULL,\n  `Hoasbcl` float default NULL,\n  `Hoaswcl` float default NULL,\n  `Hoatthr` float default NULL,\n  `Hodupft` float default NULL,\n  `Hodwnqa` float default NULL,\n  `Hoexcta` float default NULL,\n  `Hosuchr` float default NULL,\n  `Hotohcs` float default NULL,\n  `Hotokcl` float default NULL,\n  `Hotolcl` float default NULL,\n  `Houplqa` float default NULL,\n  `Hoatthss` float default NULL,\n  `Hoattlss` float default NULL,\n  `Horttoch` float default NULL,\n  `Hosucbcl` float default NULL,\n  `Hosucwcl` float default NULL,\n  `Hovercnt` float default NULL,\n  `Hoversuc` float default NULL,\n  UNIQUE KEY `BSC` (`BSC`,`daytime`,`CELL`,`Mo2`),\n  KEY `BSC_2` (`BSC`),\n  KEY `daytime` (`daytime`),\n  KEY `CELL` (`CELL`),\n  KEY `Mo2` (`Mo2`)\n) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1

What i am saying that, in PHPMYADMIN, if I browse the table, the top two values always shows that strange datetime, but if I run query, it don't find those strange values. For you guys, I upload two snapshot - you can take a look on those.

Those links were useless... hence "removed".

Don't try and limit them by this field... use a differnet one.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.