PROTECT THE GENERATED EXCEL FILE

sad_sam19

somebody please help me about protecting the generated excel files,.

:-[ the problem is this,.i developed a web based generated report that can be exported into excel,the exporting part is done by using the fwrite function,.

what i needed to do is to protect the exported excel report so that the user cannot modify,cut, and copy the report. They must be allowed only to print and change the page set up of the report.

Also, i need to disable the Save and Save As of the excel report,.

please help me and thank you so much in advance!!! :D

so are you wanting a user to download a excel file but not be able to edit it?

but then you want to disable save and save as in excel?

this sounds nothing like a php question and if a user downloads a file if they edit it you have to provide a upload form for the changes to be saved to your server Scott.

thank you for the attention,. :D,.

My answer for your 1st and 2nd question is yes,.

i don't want them to edit the details on the particular cells of the exported excel report because it is based from database so there is no need to modify it,.they must only modify the 'page setup' settings of the report and print it,..since i dont want them to modify the details of the report,they must not be able to use the 'save' or 'save as' of the excel,..please help :-[,.thank you very much in advance  :-*,.

i think you will find it is imposable to disable the save or save as button in excel but i would say if your really want to do this post a question in some kind of excel forum and ask if it is possiable to disable save and save as. i know there is a function to password protect an excel file but it will still be editable if the user knows the password and they need to know it to be able to view it. but can't you just tell people not to edit the file once they have downloaded it

Scott.

g'am!i'm really greatful for your help! :D,.

ok, the situation is this, we have a dtr system installed on our branches,.the database is also their and it is password protected,.they are accessing their dtr report through php/html and can be exported into excel to be able to print it and counter sign it then submit it here to the head office,.what i needed to do is to protect that particular excel report so that it cannot be modified by the branches,.they must be allowed only to encode the preparing person and the approving person then modify the page setup or margins to be able to print it properly,.please help,  :-[ .thank you very much :D  :-*

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.