Photography portfolio

wrathican

which page was that on?

I used a CMS on the site and i think the dude is trying to format the text using html 4 tags and capitals.

i agree that the page is a bit bland but i'm not a designer. i was sent a photoshop file and told to copy that.

the main thing is the functionality really. but since you didnt criticise anything to do with that then i assume its all good :)

IE 6 support issues!

Click the "Live" or "Promo/Backstage" links. It moves the pictures down really far and cuts out the bars that should be separating the colums at the top.

Also, the content div (I didn't look at the source so its probably named something else) doesn't seem to extend the full length of the container div and only goes as far as the content, so, those separators don't stretch the full thing either. I had a similar problem with my site so instead of using borders I made an image with the borders on either side and used repeat-y to have it go the length of my site. This may or may not work though because mine actually goes from top to bottom. You could try assigning that as the background of the container div maybe.

No complaints in FF. It seems to work fine. I would probably remove the center align in the navigation div so the links all line up though. They all have that start symbol next to them so it would look better if they were in a list format that having them centered.

It may be bland but it works. I don't like most of the flashier photo sites anyway.

<curious>

I'm still rather surprised by people still using IE 6. Am I correct in assuming that those people are using Win2000? If they are using XP or later, I would switch to IE 7 (not that version 7 is awesome or anything.. but it is better than 6. [That version is soooo terrible in every way it's stomach churning] ).

</curious>

Cheers,

NRG

I use IE 6 at work because its what my work has. And we're on XP. But it isn't really all that common that people use IE 6. Most people that call in where I work that don't have Vista use IE 6. It is bad for sure, but its still here for a little while longer.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.