website created on oop

aniesh82

Hi,

I would like to study and follow object oriented programming in my future works. To get the practical knowledge about the OOP, I would like to go through any website built on php class.

Can anyone suggest a site where I can download the source code freely? so I can study the class concept and its usage on real situation.

thank you,

php developer,

India.

You can check out the internals of CakePHP or Zend (I'd probably recommend the latter for "best practice") if you want to get an idea of how some things are done.  Most "Build an OOP Site" tutorials are utter garbage, so I don't know of any other open-source ones that are actually worth learning from.

• 4 weeks later...

I highly recommend checking out either CodeIgniter or Kohana.  Kohana started as a PHP5 fork of CodeIgniter and has since developed into a great PHP framework. CodeIgniter has a larger community of users though. I think they are by far the best PHP frameworks available. Especially since it's very easy to integrate the Zend Framework into them if you would like to take advantage of some of the Zend Functionality.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.