Value in File Field

phpretard

I am trying to poulate the file field from a database that already has the path the image or not. either way i would like for the file field to show what is in the DB and process the result of a submit wether it is changed or not changed.

Is this even posible?

$img1="path/to/image.jpg"

Image 1<input type=file name='img1' value='$img1'>

////UPLOAD SCRIPT

$rand=rand(111111, 999999);
$uploaddir = "projects/$title";
$path1 = $uploaddir . $rand."-".basename($_FILES['img1']['name']);
move_uploaded_file($_FILES['img1']['tmp_name'], $path1);

The field shows blank with the script I am using now.

Any thoughts?

You said impossible, but that should be difficult. I've seen file fields styled with custom buttons which absolutely sit on top of the file field (cant find the url) and trigger it. That can be used in your case too, where your [visible] file field is just a textfield and a button and it actually shows values from the db, but also gets values (with javascript) from the real file field. Don't know if i'm explaining this right, but what's the most important, if it's worth bothering so much. It's just an aesthetic option.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.