Using php with multiple web sites on the same server

rwestmac

Hi,  I am having some difficulty in setting up the correct architecture and I hope that someone here can help me out. 

Currently I am running a single website using IIS6 and PHP5 on windows 2003 web edition. I need to have additional websites with different doc_root's running on the same box also using php.  Preferably I am trying to find a solution that doesn't involve copying the php folder for each web site running on the box (not that I was able to get that running anyway :-).

Can anyone point me in the right direction as to the best way to have multiple websites with different doc_roots using php on the same machine under IIS6?

Rick

• 3 weeks later...

Don't use docroots.

When setting the websites up put it as so.

@=(your ip for your one site)

on your other site put it

@=(your ip/site2)

@=(your ip/site3)

and so on.

Thats probably the easiest way.

Then use a ftp program such as Filezilla

Give different users there Home dir and access to there sites folder under the main docroot.

As far as SID's I would make sure that NONE of the other users/owners of the other site what ever you are planning on doing.

Do not have access to your session.save_path

EDIT: This would be done on the .com managing website.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.