[SOLVED] Reverse Engineer Contact Page? huh?

agentk

Hi

I've been trying to reverse engineer a contact page.  Here is the script I've been working with: http://www.ibdhost.com/contact

Here is what I want it to do:

- Instead of sending me an email, I want it to send an email to the email adress the customer would enter

- I want to have a prewritten email/message in there somewhere (does not have to be displayed) which would include the customers name (ex: if customer entered "john" as name, the message would say something like: "Hi john ...")

Is this at all possible?  Is it at all possible to have the email come from my name and my email adress?

I love PHP Freaks and wouldn't go anywhere else with these kind of questions.  I hope I am not too far "out there" with this one.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!

Automatically sending out an email to any email address that gets provided to your form processing code will soon get your email server/domain banned by the major ISP's because your email server will send for anyone or any bot script that provides an email address.

At a minimum this will allow nuisance emails to be sent with your subject/message and if your code is not correctly validating the submitted data, will allow a bot script to send his subject/message to anyone through your mail server.

Why would you want or need to do this?

To answer your question, I need this for people who keep sending me the exact same question, so that all I have to do is: put in their name and email adress, hit submit and whola... they have received a response from me.

I am not too worried about the ISP because I doubt it will be 60 messages in an hour ;)

I will try what you recommended, I sure hope that works!

It's not difficult - I'll even give you a hint... Use array's. :)

array's?  You're talking to a complete newby here, lol

I am about to attempt the first suggestion that was given, see if I can figure this out.  Thanks again for all your help... I really hope this works... it could save me hours and hours of work.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.