design

sstangle73

On a design note...

The maroonish text for home, register and login doesn't go with the blue.

Your gradient starts at too much of a harsh blue to go with the predominately white background, and ends in too much of a harsh blue. Try toning it down (#6699FF to #FFFFFF?)

Not sure why the 'Register' title is in a black-to-white gradient with drop shadow, but get rid of that - a softer, simple grey, completely unaltered would work much better.

Generally, it has that air of being a website that was made by someone who just got a new copy of photoshop/fireworks. Web2.0 it a bit :P

----------------

Now playing: Get Cape. Wear Cape. Fly - War of the Worlds

via FoxyTunes

There is really not too much to critique from the design perspective. I think the banner needs some help. The gradient on your navigation really doesn't seem to emphasize the design, and it definitely doesn't serve to separate your navigation from the rest of the header. Typically speaking, you only want to use images for navigation when you are doing some sort of effect with it. Otherwise, it's really a waste of resources. For what you are doing, plain text in the navigation will work just fine.

The text on the page is big, too. I would definitely shrink down text sizing a bit. Also, it's a bit odd that your "Credentials" heading is indented a tad while your "Information about you" is not.

Overall, it's clean, but there is nothing that would really catch my eye and make me want to spend time on the site. A little more color (or better use of it, maybe) or an image or two may really be able to spice up a design.

On a design note...

The maroonish text for home, register and login doesn't go with the blue.

Your gradient starts at too much of a harsh blue to go with the predominately white background, and ends in too much of a harsh blue. Try toning it down (#6699FF to #FFFFFF?)

Not sure why the 'Register' title is in a black-to-white gradient with drop shadow, but get rid of that - a softer, simple grey, completely unaltered would work much better.

Generally, it has that air of being a website that was made by someone who just got a new copy of photoshop/fireworks. Web2.0 it a bit :P

----------------

Now playing: Get Cape. Wear Cape. Fly - War of the Worlds

via FoxyTunes

yeah i have recieved several comments on the nav colors

just took the time to change it now im lazy :] im not sure i like the plain text in the nav any suggestions?

im not sure how much i can do about the gradent at this point i might look into changing it later today.

yeah i wanted something for the titles but just can figure out what would look nice so i went into photoshop and made what i was thinking was good . . . . what was i thinking? anyway hows this? a little more fancy but still not plain or CRAZY ;)

not really sure what to do about that. my goal is web 2.0 so thats good i suppose?

There is really not too much to critique from the design perspective. I think the banner needs some help. The gradient on your navigation really doesn't seem to emphasize the design, and it definitely doesn't serve to separate your navigation from the rest of the header. Typically speaking, you only want to use images for navigation when you are doing some sort of effect with it. Otherwise, it's really a waste of resources. For what you are doing, plain text in the navigation will work just fine.

The text on the page is big, too. I would definitely shrink down text sizing a bit. Also, it's a bit odd that your "Credentials" heading is indented a tad while your "Information about you" is not.

Overall, it's clean, but there is nothing that would really catch my eye and make me want to spend time on the site. A little more color (or better use of it, maybe) or an image or two may really be able to spice up a design.

will plain text look okay? i was planning on something more powerfull for the nav but kinda am afraid it would b too plain.

again ill look into changing the gradient later today

okay 16 was alittle overkill i suppose 15 is a big change and looks better? agreed?

the indent was to fix a problem i had before but later changed the design which created that error anyway i removed the space

images will come its a very new design.

• 4 weeks later...
This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.