Help with Setting up a MYSQL database

ningboring

Hi

I’d like help with developing a mysql database please. The situation is as follows:

There are 40 teachers at our institution. Each teacher teaches 4 lessons (I’ll call them: CW, EW, DSS and LNT) – CW and EW are taught to two classes, and DSS and LNT are taught to two different classes. There are 5 syllabus items for each lesson that need to be covered for each class. The course runs for 10 weeks. I’ve calculated the number of unique records will be 16000 (not a problem).

The coverage of each week’s content depends largely on the level of the students, the teacher and/or any supplementary material used. On my multiple update php page, if a syllabus item is covered teachers need to check it as completed (checkbox). Any additions to the lesson need to be added to a comments field (textarea).

Teachers should be able to log into to see their records (stored on the mysql database and accessed through php pages) and then be able to filter their records by week, class and lesson using drop down lists.

The question I have is: What is the best way to set up the mysql database so that each record is unique?

P.S. the PHP side of things doesn't pose a problem, nor does the use of MYSQL.

Thanks for any help.

Ningboring

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.