getting emails from database but mannyyyy are repeats, how to send only one each

jwk811

Okay well I keep track of every customer that comes to my live chat on my website and it stores their email in a database everytime they come on with their request. There is over a thousand in there from april and I need to know how I can send an email to everyone without sending more than one if they are in the db more than once and many are in 10s of times so I can't have that.

Well I know how to send the emails like this I figure..

$emails = "email1@ww.com, $email2@ww.com"; except there will be like a thousand

$to = "$emails";
$subject = "Hello";
$message = "Hello";
$headers = "From: me@aol.com";

mail($to,$subject,$message,$headers)

So to find the $emails variable which will have all the emails separated by commas I will need to SELECT email from database. So what will that give me and what do I need to do, and can I send the email like that with the emails separated by commas or do I need to send each one by itself?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.