preg_replace

drisate

Hey guys i have a tag that looks like this

[CAL=02/2008]

i tried using

$content = preg_replace('/\[CAL(=([0-9]+/[0-9]))?\]/ie', "getJobs($2, 'CAL')", $content);

but it gives me this error

Warning: preg_replace() [function.preg-replace]: Unknown modifier '[' in /home/direct/public_html/administrator/components/com_acajoom/classes/class.jmail.php on line 160

Yeah, you need to escape the \ in the middle:

$content = preg_replace('/\[CAL(=([0-9]+\/[0-9]))?\]/ie', "getJobs($2, 'CAL')", $content);

You may want to write another function other than getJobs() if you're going to be doing more things.  It's better than passing all those params in and stuff. >_<

hehe this is what i was planning to do

if (!function_exists('getJobs')) {
function getJobs($limit=NULL, $type) {

if ($type=="JOB"){$table="jos_jl_jobposting"; $col="title";}
if ($type=="SHOP"){$table="jos_marketplace_ads"; $col="ad_headline";}
if ($type=="CAL"){$table="jos_extcal_events"; $col="title"; $limit="10";} 

$query = "SELECT * FROM $table";
   if ($limit != null) {
         $query .= " LIMIT $limit";
   }
  $res = mysql_query($query) or die(mysql_error());
  while ($row = mysql_fetch_assoc($res)) {
          $jobs[] = $row[$col];
  }
  return implode('<br />', $jobs);
}
}

$content = preg_replace('/\[JOB(=([0-9]+))?\]/ie', "getJobs($2, 'JOB')", $content);
$content = preg_replace('/\[sHOP(=([0-9]+))?\]/ie', "getJobs($2, 'SHOP')", $content);
$content = preg_replace('/\[CAL(=([0-9]+\/[0-9]))?\]/ie', "getJobs($2, 'CAL')", $content);

The first 2 works great but [CAL=2008/10]  is not recognized. the reason i added $limit="10"; to the CAL if type is because i did not create the SQL string to retrieve the data by date.

Anyway, looks like

is not recognizing [CAL=2008/10].

Well i just tryed this

$content = preg_replace('/\[CAL(=([0-9]+)\/([0-9]))?\]/ie', "getJobs($2, 'CAL')", $content);

And it's not working either ... [CAL=2008/10]  stays unreplaced

The reason why i tryed it in the same () is because 2008/10 should be 1 value But i am not an expert on the question so i might be wrung ...

If I am not mistaken, I think you need to use preg_replace_callback if you wish to create / call a function from within the replace aspect of preg. Granted, I have been known to be wrong (on more occasions than I care to admit).

Nah, you can use the e modifier to make the replace actually an eval'd portion of code.  I like it better for times where you may need to add things around the sides of the function output or do formatting or something.

If I am not mistaken, I think you need to use preg_replace_callback if you wish to create / call a function from within the replace aspect of preg. Granted, I have been known to be wrong (on more occasions than I care to admit).

Nah, you can use the e modifier to make the replace actually an eval'd portion of code.  I like it better for times where you may need to add things around the sides of the function output or do formatting or something.

Ah, just tried it. Nice to know :)

Will definitely come in handy to be sure.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.