sending multiple emails at once

jwk811

I am taking a bunch of emails from a database and sending the same email to everyone all at the same time.

My questions are, can I just separate each email with a comma when I send them?

What if some emails aren't actually emails like some people wrote are just a letter, will it mess anything up when sending.

Are all emails guarenteed to send to everyone even if some emails are wrong or will it stop or not even do anything.

I don't want to send more than once to a thousand emails that's why I'm asking so I can do it once with no mistakes.

Do I have to make a web page and type it out then just open the page so they will send? Or is there a different way? I don't understand.

Yes, you can send an email to more than one person, by separating emails with a comma.  If one or more of the emails are invalid, the other ones will still be sent.  Depending on how many addresses you are sending to, it may or may time out, so you may want to send them in smaller chunks.  Yes you have to make a script to do this, unless you want to just get a dump of email addresses and c/p it into your To: in your favorite email (like gmail or whatever).  The script has to be executed in order for it to send the emails, so you can either make a request via your web browser or execute it on the command line through shell if you have access or even setup a cron job if you're looking to do it on some kind of regular basis.

You know...you could have found out most of those questions simply by trying it and finding out...woulda taken you the same amount of time as asking on a forum...

I don't know what gmail's limits are.  Perhaps you should read their FAQ or ask them.  But you are wanting to send them from your own domain so that's kind of irrelevant.  And again, I don't know if it will come up as spam with them.  Perhaps you should read their FAQ or ask them how they judge something to be spam.

Well that can be quite complicated. Depends how you send the email in the script, would need to look into mail 'headers'... All email services like gmail and AOL have filters to try and filter out spam... I think sending a lot of emails at once probs won't help? Not sure, you'll probs learn from your experience...

I don't know if gmail and that have limits...

Adam

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.