Ajax Javascript PHP -website

crocodilu2008

My personal first impressions are that I wish I has found such a detailed site when I was creating my site!!

A couple of quick issues I have with it is firstly a slight lack of organaistion/not easy to navigate. The left sidebar contains a lot of information in just a simple list. Could you maybe organise it so that for example under the CSS category, you have an <a> tag category which then divides into a:hover, a:active etc etc would be easier to find what you are looking for at a glance.

My second point would be to maybe pagianate (thing that is the correct word) the content on each page. Unfortunately (looking at http://www.navioo.com/DOMReference/HTML/reference/api/csselements.active%20link.php as an example) the content just seems to go on an on and on! Although this is beneficial in that you have everything you need on a page, there must be ways to break this content down into further pages, just so it is easier to the eye and the mind.

I would think that a small amount of time invested in designing your own very simple logo for the top left could be beneficial also...get yourslef a little bit of branding, and consequently brand recognition

Also, and I think this is important, use this tool http://browsershots.org/ to have a look at what your site renders like in other browsers and other screen sizes. I just had a play with it and unfortunately for a lot of screen sizes your content doesn't all fit in and users have to scroll left/right to see it all....ive read that people don't like doing that!

See what other people say as well, I might be completely wrong!

Sam

The idea is really nice and instructive, but it looks like you're inventing the wheel. Not sure about JavaScript (not really proficient in it), but the PHP manual and CSS documentation are actually there. What you could do is make the site a wiki, where everyone can contribute. At least you'll have some unique content, which most probably someone will use. As it is, the site is really good, but i'm not sure about how much it's of use. Maybe I'm wrong though.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.