PHP vs ASP

weslker

Java? Eww.

I prefer PHP over ASP.Net, because when you include a file you can have it run code right away, you don't have to create an instance of anything. But I do prefer ASP.Net over PHP because you have to specify what a variable can hold.

PHP programmers don't necessarily program expensive and horrible applications, in fact, all don't.

FIXED

I do. In my programming VB/C++/Java classes I was reffered to as the best.

Hi Dark Water,

I'm beginner of PHP programming, mind to tell me how why you choice PHP as main language? When and how do you start to learn this language? I become more intersting on PHP~

I hope you don't mind my $0.02, but I learned PHP so I could make my own fansite for the Roller Coaster Tycoon series.

PHP is a great language for community based websites and ASP is great if you wana link it to a desktop program.

I personally prefer PHP :-)

But of course if you post the same question in an ASP board you will probably have the opposite answer lol

Are you looking for a job and have time and resources to learn a rather difficult technology?

Learn ASP. Want to program in your spare time, as more of a hobby than a career?

PHP will treat you just fine.

There are plenty of exceptions to these conclusions,

as they are more a suggestion then anything else.

Hopefully, this will make your decision a little easier.

Hi Jordanwb~

Most of the developers now are using JAVA~ I not familiar with JAVA but this programming language are popular among all other programming language~

Well I am, and our Java class found Java to be the most annoying language ever. It wouldn't run the same on any two computers, even if they had the same version of JRE and compiler. At home my group's final project worked perfectly, but at school it was ugly as sin.

[Edit] What's with the tildes?

Hi Dark Water,

I'm beginner of PHP programming, mind to tell me how why you choice PHP as main language? When and how do you start to learn this language? I become more intersting on PHP~

I like web scripting, and PHP is very, very good for that.  I think it's one of the most extensible and well-prepared languages for web use, as opposed to RoR and stuff.  I like it better.

Yeah, it's a great language.

P.S: Is English your first language?  If it's not, I'd guess that you're from some European country like Germany or the Netherlands, because the sound from "slk" (in your name, weslker), is very awkward in English, but I think it's a more common sound in German or Dutch. Am I right?  Just curious, by the way.