Next step PayPal shopping cart

EvanAgee

Hey all,

I'm currently using the simple PayPal Buy Now buttons on my site which directs the user to PayPal's shopping cart system (taking them away from my site). I'm looking to take my shopping cart to the next level of sophistication and I'm wondering if this exists:

- A PayPal shopping cart API where PayPal still manages sessions, items in the cart, totals, etc

- That can be accessed via PHP and we can control the design/layout of the pages completely

- Then, at the end once the user is ready to checkout, PayPal also handles the payment for the cart total

Could you all direct me in the right direction? I know PayPal has payment APIs but I'm hoping that they can continue to power my shopping cart while giving me the chance to keep visitors on my site and control the look of the cart.

There are many Paypal options.

They have a shopping cart that is similar to basic buy now only you can add many items and include things like shipping.

You can also use IPN (instant payment notification) if your website needs to be informed of a successful or failed transaction lets say to process an order. This is the best option if you want users to be redirected to the Paypal screens but process information on your site at the same time.

If you want to users to remain on your site where they will enter credit card information and have it processed you will need Website Payments Pro. You will need to get an SSL certificate to do this. This is my preferred option.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.