Email Form Verification
Posted 18 June 2006 - 02:49 PM
I am working on a feedback form which, I really need your help.
[a href=\"http://www.leeph.net/test/contact.txt\" target=\"_blank\"]http://www.leeph.net/test/contact.txt[/a] ( contact form)
[a href=\"http://www.leeph.net/test/mailman.txt\" target=\"_blank\"]http://www.leeph.net/test/mailman.txt[/a] (script that sends email)
[a href=\"http://www.leeph.net/test/receipt.txt\" target=\"_blank\"]http://www.leeph.net/test/receipt.txt[/a] (receipt that confirms that the form has been sent)
okay, lets get started with my questions/ query.
1. On receipt.php, I want to make an output that says, "Thank you JohnDoe, we will reply your inquiry thru firstname.lastname@example.org" where JohnDoe is the name entered by user and email@example.com is the email entered by user.
2. I also what to put some verification that asked the user to check if all informations are typed correctly before actual sending it.
a. User fill-up the form.
b. VERIFICATION script that output all the informations typed by users.
b.1. name: JohnDoe
comments: this is a test.
- I want to show this kind of output first before the actual sending, so the user have a chance to check and correct if theres typo, also if possible, to show those information/value on a textfield so that the user may edit right there and then.
c. send it (mailmain.php) and display receipt (see 1.)
I guess this is all I need as of yet. Thank you and hoping you guys could help me.
Posted 18 June 2006 - 03:42 PM
2. Your next page would include the error checking.
if no mistakes display what will be sent.
3. confirm it looks ok,
4. Info is send / added to your data base or e-mail.
You will find that it can be time consuming getting it to work,
but your actualy building your self a template.
Have Fun (I did)
Posted 19 June 2006 - 08:36 AM
Here's the like of the sample form. [a href=\"http://www.leeph.net/bugs/\" target=\"_blank\"]http://www.leeph.net/bugs/[/a]
You can view the code at:
[a href=\"http://www.leeph.net/bugs/txt/index.txt\" target=\"_blank\"]http://www.leeph.net/bugs/txt/index.txt[/a]
[a href=\"http://www.leeph.net/bugs/txt/verify.txt\" target=\"_blank\"]http://www.leeph.net/bugs/txt/verify.txt[/a]
[a href=\"http://www.leeph.net/bugs/txt/mailmant.txt\" target=\"_blank\"]http://www.leeph.net/bugs/txt/mailmant.txt[/a]
Here's what happen,
I signed up the form, then click the submit button,
now, it verifies the value entered. however, if I click submit button again, so it will really send the form, it said that
[!--quoteo--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]The form was not submitted for the following reasons:
Hope you guyx could help!
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users