Preg_match() ahhhhhhhhhhhhh

TEENFRONT

Hey

im usuing preg_match() to try match a search term to a file title in a directory.

Now i have the directory listing script working fine, it basically lists all files in a directory, simple.

But i tried making it only list files matching a search term.

// $filetitle is something like 'Transformers'
// $search is 'Transformers'

if(preg_match('/$search/', $filetitle)) {

echo "$filetitle Contains '$search'<br />";  // success!
}
else { 
echo "$filetitle - Doesn't contain '$search' <br />"; // Doesnt match, not good.
}

as a test im getting it to loop through all the files in the directory and say if it containts the search term or not.

All i get in the output is

Transformers - Doesn't contain 'Transformers'

otherfilm  - Doesn't contain 'Transformers'

otherfilm  - Doesn't contain 'Transformers'

etc etc

Actually...i may have just figured out my issue... preg_match uses $ as an end sign for the search right..so basically its matching nothing...hmm.. in that case, new questions...

Whats the best way to search the file names and try matching them to a search term as if i cannot use a variable in preg_match...?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.