Internet Explorer Yellow ActiveX Content Bar - Problem when using SSL only - Thx

howie2007

Hi Guys,

I have a shopping cart and recently added SSL to it. The shopping cart is built in PHP but when I access it using eg https://www.xyz.com I keep getting the yellow Internet Explorer bar i.e "To help protect your security, Internet Explorer has restricted this file from running scripts or ActiveX controls that could access your computer. Click here for options... " and a pop up issuing a security warning about ActiveX controls. I don't get this error when running in non-SSL mode i.e http://www.xyz.com.

Obviously if customers are faced with this they will be completely reluctant of using the site and they won't go to the trouble of adjusting their security settings. Is there a way to workaround these pop ups? It appears the SSL cert is causing this? Should I contact the host or the shopping cart developer?

Thanks very much!

Hi Neil,

I am completely new to SSL certificates. Starting out. I am hosted with Godaddy.com and they applied it to my shared hosting account. All i know is that they installed it for me so i expect its right?? I stuck the requisite ssl info into the php cart but i get the yellow bar when using it.

How can i confirm the below questions please?

Does the SSL key fully match your server info? i.e. does the common name match your server hostname, etc. How did you generate the cert file? using openSSL?

Thanks a million

Hi Neil,

Security settings are at default level in IE and i clicked on the padlock and it tells me it has been issued to my site. It says the purpose of the cert is to ensure the identity of a remote computer and it tells me the connection is encrypted and that godaddy are the issuing authority. Maybe IE doesnt recognise godaddy certs? I really dont know? It also says the certificate status is ok.

Maybe that helps?

Thanks

Is it possibly your use of:

<style type="text/css">
* html .png {//background-image: none ! important; filter: progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.AlphaImageLoader(src=images/logo.png,sizingMethod=crop);}
* html .png-powered {//background-image: none ! important; filter: progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.AlphaImageLoader(src=images/button-powered.png,sizingMethod=crop);}
</style>

Some quick googling revealed similiar issues resulting from the use of AlphaImageLoader

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.