#1 drranch

drranch
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 78 posts

Posted 19 June 2006 - 05:33 AM

Hello all!

I've created a PHP/Mysql query drop down list and it works, however I would like to customize/format the windows default drop down design.

I would like the end user to see just a box with a heading and when they move their mouse over the box the drop down displays the data that is pulled from Mysql database using the PHP script.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

#2 klaroen

klaroen
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 34 posts

Posted 19 June 2006 - 06:50 AM

can you give the script you have for now...

#3 .josh

.josh
  • Staff Alumni
  • .josh
  • 14,871 posts

Posted 19 June 2006 - 07:37 AM

you can't do that with php. you have to use javascript. php is parsed on the server. javascript is parsed on the client. and anyways, as far as i know, unless you otherwise specify, it will already be the individual client's browser default.
Did I help you? Feeling generous? Buy me lunch! 
Please, take the time and do some research and find out how much it would have cost you to get your help from a decent paid-for source. A "roll-of-the-dice" freelancer will charge you $5-$15/hr. A decent entry level freelancer will charge you around $15-30/hr. A professional will charge you anywhere from $50-$100/hr. An agency will charge anywhere from $100-$250/hr. Think about all this when soliciting for help here. Think about how much money you are making from the work you are asking for help on. No, we do not expect you to pay for the help given here, but donating a few bucks is a fraction of the cost of what you would have paid, shows your appreciation, helps motivate people to keep offering help without the pricetag, and helps make this a higher quality free-help community :)

#4 drranch

drranch
  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • 78 posts

Posted 19 June 2006 - 02:21 PM

klaroen: Here is the script....

<?php
$dogs = mysql_query("SELECT nick_name FROM dogs WHERE username='$uname'", $connection)or die(mysql_error());
echo "<select dogs='nick_name'>";
while ($row = mysql_fetch_array($dogs)){
echo "<option> $row[nick_name]</option>";
}
echo "</select>";
?>

Crayon Violent:
I'm not familiar with Java, but I'll jump over to that forum and see what they have to offer in assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users