Help with some ideas..

Zer0Cam

Ok so... I want to create some sort of login system for a "Student" Who logs in and checks in mysteriously. I am not sure how to go about doing this I need some ideas?

Just a written reminder for both of us to look into the possibility of having some kind of log in database for lab aids. I think that we should base a large part of their grade on showing up. If we can have a script running either on a web page that is only accessable from the lab machine, or simply some code running on it so that we can have the lab aid report in with username and password every 20 minutes(hence keeping them there) we would be able to easily and automatically take attendance accurately.

My Response

Hey Greig,

Hmm.. I'm thinking how I would lay this out. (Sitting here eating doritos) thinking to myself.  So your saying

They would go to a page. And they have to enter there username and password? And it would login them into a database? Then what? make it so they have to login every 20 minutes? or there letter drops down a grade. rofl How do you want to aproach this? I can code it

And his...

not sure, just brainstorming how we can use tech to ensure that they are present. Record their presence some how?

It would be nice to have some database for me to look at so that I can say "hey, you missed three days in a row, or hey you were gone half the period, here's the proof, look at the database"

Not sure what the best way to do this is so that they cannot cheat the system?

Just think about it for a while and let us know if you come up with anything.

Cheers

Not sure how I should aproach this.. He wants some sort of a check in system but no way he can cheat the system. Any ideas guys?

FOLLOW UP!

So I wrote a little more in depth..

Hey Everyone,

I'm not sure who to address this to or were to post it. Feel free if this isnt the right place to post it have a moderator or somthing move it or somthing. I have a few questions I would like to address.. Coding wise and wether or not I am aproaching this right.

First Concept. ..

I'm an IT computer guy at the school I used to attend and now I am a former graduate. We used this program on a computer to monitor the computer labs we would get thumbnail views like remote desktop. There would be a lab aid (a person to monitor) the lab to ensure kids are doing stuff apropritly.  So my question is  I want to create some sort of program that is strictly for that computer so they cant cheat or change it. That is like a time stamp that pops up every 20 minutes or so to make sure they are there and they are active.

It needs to support multiple users, Because theres more then one lab monitor person every period. It will some how grab ahold of the calander on the computer and syncronize with the current date and time and it will hold attendence.. I Don't want to make it webased because they can just go home and do it from there house so I thought.. VB  I want another side of the application so that the Administrator, I myself or anyone who I add to the admin section can access it .. I also would like to add a update notification for this if i plan on updating it this is easy, but i want the most efficient way

Next question how do I go about coding this? I need help.

Any help on this would be apreciated...

Thanks, Miles

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.