Disable URL display in status bar

flit

Thanks. I haven't thought about that. I got a page, with a frame to "protect" my source code. But if they can see the URL displayed in the status bar, they can type that in, navigate to a page and see my source code anyway. So that is why I was trying to hide the URL in the status bar.

Hi. Even if you were to cloak your url, there's still the old 'right click' --> 'View Page Source'

Your best bet is to disable right clicks on your site using some form of javascript solution, but the options to view source is still available in the menus somewhere. Just a suggestion to reduce the chances of peeps seeing code but I think viewing page source is something you can't completely stop people from doing.

Your PHP code is never viewable through browsers because it stays serverside, so your creativity can't be exploited with ya web apps ;-)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.