Joseph Witchard

<?php

$user_id = $_GET['user_id'];

// start the session

session_name('pickles');
  session_set_cookie_params(900);
  session_start();

// verify session

if (empty($_SESSION) || $_SESSION['news'] != true)
  {

// redirect them

header("Location: https://uhrebirth.com/staff/admin_login.php");

exit;

}

// require the connection settings

require_once("path_to_connection_settings);

// connect to the database

$conn = sdaAccess();

// write the query

$query = "SELECT user_id, username, pwd, user_email FROM users WHERE user_id = ? LIMIT 1";

// prepare the statement

if ($stmt = $conn->prepare($query))
  {

// bind the parameters

$stmt->bind_param('i', $user_id);

// execute

if ($stmt->execute())
    {

$stmt->bind_result($id, $username, $pwd, $email);

$stmt->fetch();

}

}

$stmt->close();

?>

I have my HTML below set to display all of the information from the database (for testing purposes). However, ID is displayed as 0, and nothing else is displayed. For some reason, it appears that $_GET isn't getting the appropriate information from the URL:confused: Could someone give me a hand?

Replace the question mark in your query

$query = "SELECT user_id, username, pwd, user_email FROM users WHERE user_id = '$user_id' LIMIT 1";

Make sure the query doesn't return an error. It's hard to tell you how to find errors in your code, because you have your own database class.

If it comes down to it, echo out the query and try manually putting it in phpmyadmin to see if it works.

Replace the question mark in your query

$query = "SELECT user_id, username, pwd, user_email FROM users WHERE user_id = '$user_id' LIMIT 1";

Make sure the query doesn't return an error. It's hard to tell you how to find errors in your code, because you have your own database class.

If it comes down to it, echo out the query and try manually putting it in phpmyadmin to see if it works.

I'm pretty sure he's using prepared statements, which in this case, his syntax would be okay (assuming he's using his library right, I don't know if he is).

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.