help with mysql_free_result(int result);

cjkent17

phpfreaks.com Example

Submitted by phpfreak - May 21, 2002

$sql = mysql_query(\"SELECT item1, item2 FROM yourtable order by item1\") or die (mysql_error());

while(list($item1, $item2)=mysql_fetch_array($sql)){

echo \"$item1 and $item2\";

}

mysql_free_result($sql);

http://www.phpfreaks.com/phpref/2.php

How many concurrent queries are you running?

i know how to use it, i just made a whole site without realizing i needed to release all the results, which means i gotta go through every single page, find every single query (and there is a lot of them, over 40 pages) that is stored in a variable array and free them after they have finished being useful.

i basically just want to know if there is any way to go to the end of each page and just type for example (don\'t try this, it doesn\'t work) mysql_free_result(*); and that way it would free all of them at once.

i just mainly want to know if i can save myself a lot of time and patience doing it an easy way rather than find out after i did it all :D

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.