[SOLVED] PHP installations to IIS - why oh why wont it work!!!

I have a real pain, I have installed and uninstalled - reinstalled, deleted removed added changed mixed around added to Path copied dll's all over the place, and this is what happens:

Whenever I try to view a .php page via IIS (XP Pro btw) what happens is not what I expected:

I tried this:

<?
PHPINFO()
?>

and this is what is displayed:

<?

PHPINFO()

?>

normally if the install has not worked it asks me if I would like to download the file rather than display what it is supposed to do.

I get is the file in text with no PHP working at all.

if I try this:

<html>
<head>
<title>My First PHP Page</title>
</head>
<body>
<?php
echo "Hello World!";
?>
</body>
</html>

All I get is a blank browser screen

Please can any body give me an idea of what I am doing wrong, if you need any more info please just ask and I will post back ASAP.

Many thanks in advance

Jimmy

here are two excellent tutorials

PHP on IIS 5.0

http://www.sitepoint.com/article/php-amp-mysql-1-installation/2/

PHP on IIS 6.0

http://www.visualwin.com/PHP-ISAPI/

I have to ask though does it make a difference if it is 5.1 or 6?

It makes a difference in where all the options are. On 5, you just click a tab that says ISAPI filters and add PHP to it.

On 6 you have to go to the extensions menu.

EDIT: Also, I'm going to have to move this topic to PHP Installations.

Thanks for the speedy replies people I am going to try Apache one more time as I was unable to install the Apache::ASP mod, but the link provided says that it is included within the perl mod, so I am going to try it.

I am also going to try the tutorials first as I dont really want to move away from IIS as I have grown pretty used to it over the time

Thanks peeps no doubt as I am a newbie to PHP I am likely to be on here a little more to bug you all!

Jimmy

Yay!

Thanks a lot peeps

It is all working perfectly now, I used the first tutorial and realised that the extensions directory was not set correctly and the ISAPI filters were not pointed correctly either.

I have resolved this issue and my thanks go to all who helped

Jimmy

PS can I give rep points on here?

• 6 months later...
This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.