Tracing Image Help

elmas156

I'm trying to get an image to show up behind my text and other images that is transparent, but not a background image that keeps repeating.  I'm using the following code in the <body> flag but it's not working... just show the page normally, with no image.  Is there something I'm doing wrong or any other way to accomplish what I'm trying to do?  I'm also using php on my pages so if there are any suggestion using php I can go with those as well, I just thought this was more of an html question.  Thanks for any help anyone can provide.

Here's how I'm trying to do it:

<body tracingsrc="DSC01963.jpg" tracingopacity="50">

Well, I don't know much about physical web design and I've built a pretty extensive site using php.  I think the website is awesome but it looks like crap.  So... basically I'm trying to make my site look good.  I guess I need to dive into some CSS tutorials or something.  Any recommendations on a good tutorial for an ultra-beginner that knows absolutely nothing about this?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.