Help Me Make A Quote BBCode.

Vermillion

Okay, so I have this BBCode script I made by myself:

<?php

################################################################################
#                           SCRIPT: Vg Hack BBCode                             #
#                           SCRIPT NAME: regex.php                             #
#                           AUTHOR: Andrés Ibañez | Vermillion.                #
################################################################################

/***********************************
#    Functions to strip HTML,      #
#    and to transform BBCode to    #
#    HTML.                         #
************************************/

function bbcode($message){

$message = mysql_real_escape_string(nl2br($message));
   $message = preg_replace("/\[b\](.*?)\[\/b\]/is", "<strong>$1</strong>", $message);
   $message = preg_replace("/\[i\](.*?)\[\/i\]/is", "<span style=\"font-style:italic;\">$1</span>", $message);
   $message = preg_replace("/\[u\](.*?)\[\/u\]/is", "<span style=\"text-decoration:underline;\">$1</span>", $message);
   $message = preg_replace("/\[strike\](.*?)\[\/strike\]/is", "<span style=\"text-decoration:line-through;\">$1</span>", $message);
   $message = preg_replace("/\[link name=(.*?)\](.*?)\[\/link\]/is", "<a href=\"$2\" target=\"_blank\">$1</a>", $message);
   $message = preg_replace("/\[q=(.*?)\](.*?)\[\/q\]/is", "<ul><div class=\"quote\"><span class=\"qt\">quote <strong>$1</strong></span><blockquote>$2</blockquote></div></ul>", $message);
   return $message;

}

/*Function to recover the data from the database*/

function dbRecover($message){

$message = strip_tags($message, "<strong>, <span>, <a>, <ul>, <li>, <blockquote>, <ol>");
   $message = preg_replace("/<strong>(.*?)<\/strong>/is", "[b]$1[/b]", $message);
   $message = preg_replace("/<span style=\"font-style:italic;\">(.*?)<\/span>/is", "[i]$1[/i]", $message);
   $message = preg_replace("/<span style=\"text-decoration:underline;\">(.*?)<\/span>/is", "[u]$1[/u]", $message);
   $message = preg_replace("/<span style=\"text-decoration:line-through;\">(.*?)<\/span>/is", "[strike]$1[/strike]", $message);
   $message = preg_replace("/<a href=\"(.*?)\" target=\"_blank\">(.*?)<\/a>/is", "[link name=$2]$1[/link]", $message);
   $message = preg_replace("/<ul><div class=\"quote\"><span class=\"qt\">quote <strong>(.*?)<\/strong><\/span><blockquote>(.*?)<\/blockquote><\/div><\/ul>/is", "[q=$1]$2[/q]", $message);
   return $message;

}

?>

The line before the last one on both custom functions is not working well.

The output I want (which works fine) is this:

5o1zk.jpg

But when I try to edit it, the dbRecover() function does not transform the quote properly:

65sjrs.jpg

And the wanted result is:

[q=Moi]I think your quote is [b]messed[/b] up TBH.[/q]

Also, I want the quotes to be indented, so when people quote a quote (lol at that ;P), it will be indented.

Woops haha. Well, I already changed my method though, because that one was giving me problems, so now I changed of method and I only use preg_replace when outputting the content.

I just have another problem though, which I don't know how to solve, and that is, how would I indent quote tags? Or is that only done with the HTML tag?

I describe more about it here; http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/45/t1060604-to-how/2.htm#22

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.