Using XAMPP or WAMP For Application

dlebowski

I wanted to get a few peoples take on using XAMPP or WAMP to run a .php application client side.  I have some concern with people not wanting to use my application because it's web based and I host it.  I have looked at php GTK, but looks like it would be challenging for my client to install and configure.  I love using XAMPP for my testing, is this even something to consider for my clients to be able to run my apps without an internet connection?  My biggerst concern from a developer's side of things is someone hijacking my code.  I could encrypt it, but I'm not even sure that is an option with XAMP.  Let me know your thoughts.  Thanks!

Ryan

Ober,

Thank you for the quick response.  One of the big concerns with XAMPP is the security.  Do you have some direction for me as to what I would confirm in regards to the security?  Is it more or less the same precautionary measures you take with any LAMP server? 

Also, would I just be able to zip up the entire XAMPP configuration, with my application included, and then have them unzip it and run xampp?  I don't believe there is any installation involved with XAMPP.  I think you just download the program and run it from the directory structure provided when downloaded.

Ryan

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.