[SOLVED] delete

Boxerman

Hi guys,

im creating a staking site, and i want to add records of stuff and i want a table like this...

Name                          | Location                        | Features(then heres the thing i need)              |DELETE

Test                              England                            some text here                                              Delete record

test                              england                            some other text                                              Delete record

for the delete i need something that is by the side of all the entrys on the database

so say i had 100 entrys.. i want a delete to show next to every single one... but only entering 1 link in the code.. if you get me :)

thanks all

if i understand

this below will loop the data and form the table and add a link to a delete script when clicked on

<?php

$query = "SELECT * FROM Art";
$result = mysql_query($query) or die ("Error in query: $query. " . mysql_error());
// if records present
if (mysql_num_rows($result) > 0)
{
// iterate through resultset
// print article titles
while($row = mysql_fetch_object($result))
{
?><caption>Artist Profiles</caption>
<tr>
<td><? echo $row->Name; ?></td>
<td class="editdel"><a href="deleteartist.php?Name=<? echo $row->Name; ?>">Delete Artist</a></td>
</tr>
<?
}
}
// if no records present
// display message
else
{
?>

<?
}
// close database connection
mysql_close($connection);
?>

this is a basic delete script you will need to edit both of these as they are geared and set up to my tables on one of my sites

<?php
// includes
include("../template/conf.php");

// open database connection
$connection = mysql_connect($host, $user, $pass) or die ("Unable to connect!");

// select database
mysql_select_db($db) or die ("Unable to select database!");

// generate and execute query
$Id = mysql_escape_string($_GET['Id']);

mysql_query("DELETE FROM story WHERE Id = '$Id'") 
or die(mysql_error());  
?>

hope that helps

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.