Upload Images Script To Certain Directory

Xtremer360

Okay well it placed the showname and type in a new row in my table correctly however it didn't put an integer automatically in the id spot which is obviously the primary key and it didn't put the filename.extention in the showimage field in the table nor has it yet to place the image itself into the directory. It's like its still out in outerspace and not going into the folder.

It inserts the file into the correct folder yes.

Okay well it placed the showname and type in a new row in my table correctly however it didn't put an integer automatically in the id spot which is obviously the primary key and it didn't put the filename.extention in the showimage field in the table.

LOL this is getting silly

also... you should reduce your uploader to only images or the file type you want them to upload becuase that means users can upload anything!!!

this leaves your site open for attacks and vunrability to your db

Gaz

because as i have just explained..... you should limit ur upload to the file types you want to uploade such as  .jpg  or  .gif otherwise some smart alick twat  a.k.a meeee

has just uploaded a file into your images folder that can delete any table i specify.... i can even delete the whole database if i wanted to....

this just shows how easy an attacker can destroy your website..

i am not that cruel thus why i have left ur database bar 1 table!!

Garry

// break filename into parts

$parts = explode ('.', $file);

$ext = $parts[count ($parts) - 1];

// check extension

if ($ext == 'jpg' || $ext == 'jpeg' || $ext == 'png' || $ext == 'gif') {

What else am I missing?

Also I would like to have a table underneath that form that displays all the records with the showname and an edit and delete option for editing each of those shows info. And also as soon as the form is submitted the page automattically adds that new show to the bottom of the list below.

Here is a copy of what I was going to add to the bottom of the script we worked on earlier today.

<?php

require ('database.php');

print '<center><h2><span style="color: #CC0000">Edit/Delete A Show</span></h2></center>';
print '<center><table width="50%" border="1">';

if(!isset($_GET['action']) && !isset($_POST['showname'])) {
//Define the query
$query = "SELECT * FROM shows";

if ($r = mysql_query ($query)){ // Run the query.
    if (mysql_num_rows($r) > 0)
    {

// Retrieve and print every record
        while ($row = mysql_fetch_array ($r)){
  print '<tr><td>'.$row['showname'].'</td><td><a href="addshowname.php?action=edit&id='.$row['id'].'">Edit</a></td><td><a href="addshowname.php?action=delete&id='.$row['id'].'">Delete</a></td></tr>';
}
}
    else
    {
        print "No Shows\n";
    }
} else {
die ('<p>Could not retrieve the data because <b>' . mysql_error() . '</b>. The query was '."$query.".'</p>');
} //End of query IF

print '</table></center>';
}

if($_GET['action'] == 'edit') {
$query = "SELECT * FROM shows WHERE id = '".$_GET['id']."'";
$res = mysql_fetch_array(mysql_query($query));
print('<form action="'.$_SERVER['PHP_SELF'].'" method="post" name="form1">');
print('<table border=1 cellpadding=5 cellspacing=0 width=350>');
print('<tr><td>Name of show:</td><td><input type="text" name="showname" value="'.$res['showname'].'"/></td></tr>');
print('<tr><th colspan=2><input type="hidden" name="id" value="'.$_GET['id'].'" /><input type="submit" value="Edit Show" /></th></tr></table></form></center>');
} 
if(isset($_POST['name'])) {
$query = "UPDATE shows SET showname = '".mysql_real_escape_string($_POST['showname'])."' WHERE id = '".$_POST['id']."'"; if(mysql_query($query)) {
  echo "Show updated.";
}
else {
  die('<p>The show could not update because <b>' . mysql_error() . '</b>. The query was '."$query.".'</p>');
}
}

if($_GET['action'] == 'delete') {
$query = "DELETE FROM shows WHERE id = '".$_GET['id']."'";
if(mysql_query($query)) {

echo "Deletion successful.";
}
else {
die ('<p>Could not delete post because ' . mysql_error() . '. The query was '."$query.".'</p>');
}
}

?>

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.