[SOLVED] Auto-sizing a background box

gerkintrigg

Hello.

I am making my first fully CSS shopping cart site and have a bit of an issue with re-sizing the background box to fit all the content in.

My website (under development) is currently at:

http://www.magic2k.com/cornwall_dvd

Most pages display fine, but I think that's just a bit of a fluke or the layout as most products fit within the prescribed dimensions. My main problem is that on pages like: http://magic2k.com/cornwall_dvd/products/46 suddenly the text bleeds off the screen, but i want the main white background box to stretch like it does with table layouts.

I don't want to have to revert to tables just because of this, but it is driving me a bit nuts.

Could anyone help please? (I'm using fire fox, but it seems to be the same in IE too).

I was thinking that it has something to do with the positioning of the elements. I have had this type of problem several times, and it seems to never be the same thing, but rather the use of two or more CSS tags that conflict with one another.

I suggest copying small amounts of the code of this trouble page to a test file and when you see the problem show up, the last thing you added is one of the conflicting elements.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.