[SOLVED] PHPMyAdmin cannot start mysql ..... I know, I know old topic, need more help!

I have been through forum after forum, tried many different things.

To start i am running Vista.

I installed the newest version of WampServer 2.0. Was going through a tutorial by Lynda.com and got to the part where we try and start PHPMyAdmin.

I configured the config.ini.php with the password i gave myself in the mysql database for 'loop'. Put the file in the main directory like it said to. And I still get the error "Cannot load mysql extension. Please check your PHP configuration. - Documentation".

Now going through these forums, I have made sure that my php_mysql and php_mysqli are both on in my php.ini. I have reinstalled WAMP several times, and even earlier versions. I have deleted temp files before this and even went into the registry and uninstalled the WAMP files in it before reinstalling. Nothing seems to work. I never had any previous version or php, mysql, or apache installed on my computer before the initial installation.

One more thing. Even after reinstalling, when I am creating my config.ini.php file in localhost on my browser, when I click to add a new server, my password is already there. Which seems really weird to me. Maybe I am missing something to delete before I reinstall.

Please help, I have been working on this problem for days.

Thank you,

Mike

Enable the mysql extension via WAMPs Control Panel. To do so

Click on WAMP's taskbar icon (looks like a speedometer) then there should a be sub menu for enabling/disabling PHP extensions. Ensure php_mysql is checked. Restart WAMP after making any changes.

Also this has nothing to do with PHPMyAdmin's configuration.

Thank you for the response.

php_mysql and php_mysqli are always checked. From my first install to every reinstall, all versions.

It seems that phpmyadmin is having trouble communicating with PHP. I am fairly new to this but I think I have been over most of the obvious fixes. I am either overlooking something mundane, or it is a couple  of things I need to be looking into at the same time.

OK I am not sure but maybe this is the reason, maybe someone knows a little more about this, or maybe it is nothing.

Like I said, phpmyadmin has never worked. But I have had Zend Core v.2.5 since before I got WAMP.

When i went to check my phpinfo the extensions directory is "C:\Program Files\Zend\Core\lib\phpext" instead of inside Wamp. Is this OK or could this be my problem?

That'll be your problem then. PHP is not reading the php.ini for your WAMP installation. Instead its using the php.ini for Zend Core.

Just looked up on Zend Core. It appears Zends Core installs the same AMP stack as WAMP. Installing multiple instances of the AMP stack can cause problems such as this.

I assume you're referring to Zend Core about wasting money? From what I have read Zend Core is free to download/use. However its the Support Subscription that you have to pay for which is an Optional purchase.

Yeah i meant the subscription, they were useless.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.