GoogleSites Design Contest (Run by CodeKindness to benefit a Nonprofit)

dhcrusoe

Greetings friends,

After the flurry of activity around a recent blog post related to the use of Google Sites for Nonprofits, and the resultant discovery that Google Sites (may) be more flexible than I imagined (during a late-night edit session), I went searching for exemplary Google Sites that others could use as inspiration. And found few.

And so, in the spirit of offering a good, solid example for how much (or how little?) can be done with Google Sites, and in the spirit of helping out a nonprofit organization in need of a new website, we over at CodeKindness would like to hold a quick design competition.

If anyone is game, there are details on our blog; it would be great to have your support!

Cheers,

--Dave

(*MANY great individuals from the Website Critiques section helped us form the entire CodeKindness website, and so perhaps this is one way we can give back to the PHPFreaks community?)

"At an appointed hour, the participants will receive a website to clone/improve through the use of Google Sites, a small pool of media will be made available, and additional hoped-for improvements will be indicated;"

Unless you own the sites that are going to be cloned/improved, or you have permission, that's copyright infringement.

Oh -- sorry if that wasn't clear in the post, Corbin --

The contest will be to help an existing nonprofit (we have identified one) shift their existing site, which is very, very rudimentary, into the top design produced as part of the design competition.

So, there are no issues with infringement, etc; this is being done in partnership with the nonprofit. Actually, we're working with the nonprofit to gather additional materials (e.g., pictures, etc) that would be appropriate for the contest entrants to use.

Does this answer the question?  (I'll also edit my blog entry to reflect a clearer answer to your question!)

--Dave / CK

• 1 month later...

p.s. The competition is active, updated and accepting entries! The winning site will benefit The Way Home, an organization that helps prevent homelessness.

More info: http://codekindness.org/blog/google_sites_design_competition/

Greetings friends,

After the flurry of activity around a recent blog post related to the use of Google Sites for Nonprofits, and the resultant discovery that Google Sites (may) be more flexible than I imagined (during a late-night edit session), I went searching for exemplary Google Sites that others could use as inspiration. And found few.

And so, in the spirit of offering a good, solid example for how much (or how little?) can be done with Google Sites, and in the spirit of helping out a nonprofit organization in need of a new website, we over at CodeKindness would like to hold a quick design competition.

If anyone is game, there are details on our blog; it would be great to have your support!

Cheers,

--Dave

(*MANY great individuals from the Website Critiques section helped us form the entire CodeKindness website, and so perhaps this is one way we can give back to the PHPFreaks community?)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.