tooltip in listbox

freephoneid

Hi,

I wanna display tooltip in my php code. Basically, I've a multilple fixed width select box (listbox) & it displays company name but some names are so long that it gets cut since the list box is of fixed width & I want it fixed width only.

Is there any way that it'll dispaly tooltip which essentially display company name when you take mouse over a particulat company within that list box?

Thanks!

Most of them were implemented using VB. One thing is for sure that the listbox does not have any event such as mouseover. Thts why I asked this question in PHP forum if there is any plugin which would display tooltip for textbox.

<select name="select" size="8" multiple class="button" style="width:280px">

<option title="Loooong textttttt">Loooong textttttt</option>

<option>Albania</option>

<option>Belgium</option>

</select></td>

AS shown above, if I use title attiribute, it displays tooltip only in Firefox. But there is no way at aleast I do not find any way to display tooltip in IE for listbox.

Can anyone help me? I'm using PHP code.

Thanks!

Hi,

Thanks again for the reply. But can you please be more specific & provide me the exact URL?

I've gone through most of them but still couldn't fine the solution.

If some one can provide me a sample html code with tooltip on multiple select box, I'll really appreciate it.

Thanks!

I've gone through most of them....

37000 links. Enjoy.

In 11 minutes you can check most of 37,000 links.  At that rate you could have checked more than a quarter million links since you posted.  If I couldn't find what I wanted after checking a quarter of a million links, it's probable that I'd give up and move on.  Wish you luck in your quest.

if you haven't gotten the hint freephoneid, AndyB/we aren't going to code it for you...

There are alternative solutions to "tooltips", maybe you should consider another option to your problem.

Your problem: display full text / or description of <option>'s value when clicked/hovered.

Javascript certainly is a good place to start.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.