Apache and Flash Database Access Using ASP - - - Help

Inflict

Hi, I've tried using several tutorials, downloading their source codes and seeing if they will work.

First one: http://www.codeproject.com/KB/asp/flashasp.aspx

Second one: http://www.15seconds.com/issue/010605.htm

The first one won't connect to the database and retrieve the results, neither will the second one. So my question is, what is the problem? ASP seems to be enabled on my server and Flash movies work.

I understand that. I should have made the subject read, "Apache Server Problem: Database Access in Flash Movies using ASP." It is set up as a basic IndigoPerl server.

http://www.indigostar.com/indigoperl.htm

Features:

Apache:

Apache is pre-configured for running Perl and PHP CGI scripts.

Mod_perl is also installed.

Mod_ssl is installed

Perl:

Perl comes pre-packaged with some of the most popular Perl modules, including:

Archive-Tar, Compress-Zlib, DBD-mysqlPP, DBI, HTML-Parser, libwin32, libwww, mod_perl, TimeDate, URI, Win32-API.

Includes PerlConsole, which provides a web browser based GUI access to the

Perl help files, the GUI Package Manager and a documentation search engine

Do you need more information?

mod_perl is mod_perl, the link you provided explains that Apache::ASP is an extension for mod_perl that muct be installed via cpan.

However, even after you have installed and configured Apache::ASP you will not be able to execute the first two script you pointed to. They are both written in vbscript (aps's default language), there is no vbscript asp implimentation available for Apache. The scripts would need to be re-written in Perl.

if you don't mind me asking, why would you want to run asp over php?

I was just trying to create interactive Flash web pages. But I didn't know that Apache wouldn't support VBScript. You know, I have a good amount of programming experience. I've written whole web servers in C++ using sockets on Unix machines, I know how requests and such work. But to Apache I'm fairly new, and its complicated sometimes to try and get things to go down the path you want them to. But I will check code for interactive Flash pages that use PHP...the reason I chose to do it using VBScript was because it was part of the first few sites that my Google search returned on interactive Flash movies.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.