[SOLVED] user login + editing content

eMonk

i would like to create a user login system & once they log in successfully, they can edit their details such as their phone number, description, email address, etc & i would like to fetch this info on their html page. can anyone point me in the right direction?

i understand, i would just like to read over what needs to be done to get this first project of mine to work & be a success.

i'm not looking for anything too advanced... a simple user/pass login system for users to edit their personal info & later down the road to add/remove thumb pics.

i would also like to fetch this info from a mysql database from their html page. any info how to do this would be lots of help.

Read your book! Sheesh.

Books are designed in such a way that you will progressively understand more as you read further into it. Don't bother skimming. You didn't learn to run before you could walk did you?

Of course not, your face would be broken. And so it is with programming.

I hate to say this but they are right. Unless you understand how it works you will only have the chapter that tells you how to create basic authentication. You also find it difficult to add new features at a later date.

The book that i originally started with was call PHP & MySQL for Dummies. That gave me an excellent start and now i can create practically anything. This forum has also been a great help over the years.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.