[SOLVED] PHP 500 Internal Server Error

lindenbridge612

About a week ago, the webhosting company I am using on one of my websites decided to upgrade to PHP5 on their Apache Server.  After that occurred, my formmailer.php file would no longer send emails.  Then, I added the line:

ini_set("sendmail_from", "user@domain.com");

just above this line:

mail($to,$subject,$message,$from);

Suddenly, the formmailer.php file started sending emails again.  However, yesterday, all my php files on the website encountered the following message when I tried to view them online:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@chocolateaccents.com and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

So I checked the error log, and found this message for all my php files:

Premature end of script headers: /hsphere/local/home/user/domain.com/formmailer.php

Error in vphp.c on line 344: Inappropriate permissions set on script

I checked the formmailer.php on one of my other websites (with a different web host), and it works there.  I don't even know where to begin on how to fix this problem, and I cannot locate a php.ini file on the website.  The web hosting company finally contacted me and said:

”It appears random php files you have are all set to 777 permissions instead of 755 permissions”

How do I change file permissions?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.