[SOLVED] May someone like to help me? =)

Twister1004

Hey everyone! As you know it is me! I'm just having a little more trouble. This time it includes the $_GET method. I know how it work but I just recently figured it out! *yay go me!* However, I've got part of it right,but now, I can't get the second part right.

Objective: To figure out why this query isnt working which is using the $_GET method to get its information for the query.

The problem starts here,

$account = mysql_query("SELECT first_name, last_name, age FROM `account` WHERE `first_name` = $getuser");
if (!$account) {
    echo 'There is an error in your profile. Please contact the adminstartor with the following error.2: ' . mysql_error();
    exit();
}

Here is where the value of the variable,

$getuser = $_GET['username']; 
$getid = $_GET['user'];

This is how the link is made,

<input name="button4" type="button" onClick='parent.window.location.href = "./profile.php?user=<?php echo $user; ?>&username=<?php echo $username; ?>"' value="Profile" />

This is how i set the link equal

@$user = $_SESSION['login_id'];
	@$username = $_SESSION['login_first'];

Any help or suggestion or hints would be greatly appreciated =D

the tick marks around account and first_name are actually fine to use, (in fact, I encourage them! :D) but yes, you need single quotes around $getuser

$account = mysql_query("SELECT first_name, last_name, age FROM `account` WHERE `first_name` = '$getuser'") or die(mysql_error());

you may also notice I added or die(mysql_error()); above, this will show you if there are any other syntax errors in your query in the future.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.