[SOLVED] help with design

piazon79

im new to php, html, and css so please be as specific as you can if you answer. 

if you go here http://www.websitetemplatedesign.com/ and see this site it has the general design i like.  by that i mean the webpage in the middle with the background image on either side.  I have my page centered but my background image shows in between my boxes (if that makes sense) and it doesn't look as nice.  how do i create a page so that the background image only shows up to the right and left of my actual content?

TIA!

Style Sheet

body {background-image:url (url to image here);}

div.contain {width:some width:margin:o auto;}

html

<body>
<div class="contain">
</div>
</body>

I already have a background image in place.  Do you mean something like this for the other part?

div.contain {width: 25 :margin: auto;} ?????  for example

and where exactly do i insert this code?  anywhere between those tags?

one other quick question.  I got it working using the code you gave, but my website is made up of many pages, index.php being the main page.  How can i add the div style to all webpages without having to go in to each one and add <div class="contain"> ?  I added that to the index.php but beyond the main page it goes back to how it was.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.