Mutliple copies of users?!?

Warmach

On this details page for ribbons I have it where it lists which users have earned it and how many but it is reapeating the usernames for how many they have instead of just once. any ideas? to view example page go here - http://gosoldiers.net/SSAAHome/e107_plugins/advmedsys/ribbondet.php?det.19

copy of coding -

$text .= "

<br></br>

<table style='width:50%' bgcolor='#804000' class='border' cellspacing='2' cellpadding='2'>

<tr>

<td style='width:75%' class='forumheader3'>Member Name</td>

<td style='width:25%' class='forumheader3'># of Ribbons</td>

</tr>";

$sql->db_Select("advmedsys_awarded2", "*", "WHERE awarded_rib_id=$sub_action","");

while($row = $sql->db_Fetch()){

$sql2->db_Select("user", "*", "WHERE user_id = '".$row['awarded_user_id']."'","");

$row2 = $sql2->db_Fetch();

$sql3 = new db;

$a = 0;

$sql3 -> db_Select("advmedsys_awarded2", "*", "WHERE awarded_rib_id=$sub_action AND awarded_user_id='".$row['awarded_user_id']."'", "");

while($row3 = $sql3->db_Fetch())

{$a++;}

$text .= "

<tr>

<td style='width:75%' class='forumheader3'><center><font color='#00FF00'>".$row2['user_name']."</td>

<td style='width:25%' class='forumheader3'><font color='#FFFF00'>x".$a."</td></center></td>

</tr>";}

I added the echo command like was posted above. But when I did it removed everything from the page instead of showing the DB statement. I had to rewrite the coding back to the way it was to get the page to display again but I still have the same problem of it listing the names multiple times.

http://gosoldiers.net/SSAAHome/e107_plugins/advmedsys/ribbondet.php?det.19

ok I tried adding the echo command again and this time I have an error

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected ',' in /home/gosoldie/public_html/SSAAHome/e107_plugins/advmedsys/ribbondet.php on line 74

line 74 =

$sql = "advmedsys_awarded2", "*", "WHERE awarded_rib_id=$sub_action","";

$sql = "advmedsys_awarded2", "*", "WHERE awarded_rib_id=$sub_action","";

Barand tricked you into this, without noticing it's not even a valid PHP.... What library are you using to connect to the database?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.