Form submission advice

stualk

Hi guys,

My first post on here in ages!

I'm looking for some advice on form submission. The method i've been using for some time now is starting to cause me problems on one form in particular. I'll try my best to explain:

Someone submits an enquiry on an item listed on a website. Their enquiry includes their contact info such as name, address, telephone, email etc. That goes into a db. The administrator is notified of this and adds costings to the enquiry, which then sends the customer an email asking them to confirm their acceptance. The email contains a simple 'CLICK HERE' which takes them to a form showing all the details they originally submitted along with the info the administrator has added. They can change any of the details they originally submitted as well as adding a purchase order number. When they click the submit button this is where the problems are occuring.

I'm using the URL to send the info from EVERY editable field on the confirmation form and it seems as though it's too much for the URL to handle because I'm getting reports of the form 'freezing' and 'doing nothing' and 'going to just a blank white page'

Is there some other way I can submit the edited info to the db to avoid this? I'm no expert, as you can probably tell (!), so any advice I would very much welcome.

Cheers - that's not a million miles from what i'm doing now, it's just that my current method involves sending other variables with the URL other than just '?id=x' at the end. What's the best way to update the values of id=x without adding them to the URL? Is there some sort of update function available for this?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.