Ubuntu 8.10 (Ibex Intrepid) Freezes Upon Realtime Startup

TheMusician

After you install the realtime kernel, you restart and grub adds a selection called " -rt", and you choose that instead of " -generic" if you want to use the real time kernel. I've been using 8.04 with realtime a lot and it works great.

I installed Ibex today, installed rt, and everytime i try to start it in rt mode, the Ubuntu loadup screen freezes like 1/8 way in.

I left it for an hour. Came back, same thing. So i knew it froze, not just hang.

So far Intrepid sucks.

May I ask why you registered here and made this your first post, rather than posting over at the Ubuntu forums?

Though, on-topic - I'm upgrading to 8.10 as we speak, I generally don't upgrade this soon after release so fingers crossed!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.