[SOLVED] getting CURL to work

As long as the main .dll file is in your ext(ension) folder and any auxiliary .dll files are in your main php folder and your main php folder has been added to the Windows path statement, and the php.ini that you are changing is the one that php is using, and you have stopped and started your web server to get any changes made to php.ini to take effect, then the extension should be enabled.

for windows, most people forget this step:

Note: Note to Win32 Users

In order to enable this module on a Windows environment, libeay32.dll and ssleay32.dll must be present in your PATH. You don't need libcurl.dll from the cURL site.

so the above, remove the ; from the front of the extension line in your php.ini like this:

extension=php_curl.dll

then restart apache...that should be it

I have removed the ; from extension=php_curl.dll, but i dont know what this means

libeay32.dll and ssleay32.dll must be present in your PATH

should these files be in the php folder ? or written in the php.ini file ?

mick

ps, removing ";" didnt work, even after restarting computer

Googling around, I found some stuff pertaining to this. According to some posts, there is some confusion on the php.ini file since there are a couple of them. Try editing each of these files and making sure that extension line is uncommented:

C:\Program Files\xampp\apache\bin\php.ini

C:\Program Files\xampp\php\php.ini

C:\Program Files\xampp\php\php4\php.ini

then restart apache

Resources:

http://chrismeller.com/using-curl-in-xampp

http://www.tildemark.com/programming/php/enable-curl-with-xampp-on-windows-xp.html

I have googled around too and copied two files (libeay32.dll and ssleay32.dll ) to the windows system folder.

restarted computer and still doesnt work.

will try those files now.

did previously change php5.ini and php-pear.ini, but that didnt change anything

thanks for now :)

michael

messing with those files listed above worked, i dont know which one because I did all at the same time before restarting apache.

thank you very much

Michael

ps i adjusted three other lines in the php.ini file in the xampp/php folder and theat worked fine for them. this is why I was wondering if there was something else I should do for curl

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.