prob abit of a newbie question

newbreed65

Im a complete newbie when it comes to php at the moment, currently ive only been able to test anything that requires me to send mail when ive got it upload to my domain since i currently cant get it testing locally

im currently using wamp and looking on there forum it doesnt seem to support email on the local host and i cant used the same smtp as i have for my domain since it password protected by fasthost

anyone care to give me some advice?

i cant used the same smtp as i have for my domain since it password protected
Use the phpmailer class to use SMTP authentication. Then once you put your script onto your live server, it will still work using the phpmailer class or at most you will need to change some settings.

thank you i had that in mind just need abit of a nodge so i knew it could be done, ive got to pop out now but have you got anymore advice on what code to write for the authentication etc, ill be looking up myself when i get back but any extra help would be greatful

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.