CMS uploading images for products

colbyalbo

hello,

i need some advice; i am building a CMS using PHP / mySql.

I basically have a product detail page that displays product name,descriptions, model etc

and several images for each product.

all this data comes from a mySql table. i have gotten as far as designing a

update page that works great for updating text in the text fields ; and uploading images;

however, the user must type  the name of the image file into a text field on the update page

in order to have the image field in the Mysql table updated.

i am inclined to believe that there is a more streamlined way to accomplish this. I would

like to know if there is any other way to update and display the images that pertain to a product

record, without having to have the exact file name of that image file in the

MySql table

Thanks

Colby

Slightly confused about the question. Your title leads us to believe you're having some troubles with a file upload, but your question seems more related to images that have already been uploaded, for which you're trying to update information.

I'm assuming it was the latter question. In which case, perhaps you could have the user browse through the images to find which image they want to update? Then they could click an update button? It really depends on your situation and application as to what's best for the user.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.